Advice for contributors
Articles are invited for publication in this 3CMedia. Submission should be original and previously unpublished works, and should not be under consideration by another journal.
Articles are refereed through a process of blind peer review.
The Editor receives and acknowledges submissions and then arranges for them to be reviewed. Reviewers will be drawn from, but not limited to, the Editorial Board and Editorial Advisory Committee.
An article will be suitable for publication if it is deemed by reviewers to:
• be relevant to the scope and purpose of the Journal.
• offer an important or engaging critical or analytical insight.
• be clearly and succinctly argued.
• have findings that are well supported.
• demonstrate methodological soundness.
• be situated in an appropriate field or tradition of scholarly work.
• be stylistically consistent and submitted in a publishable form.
Where an article fails to meet one or more of these criteria reviewers may recommend publication subject to major or minor revisions, or they may recommend rejection. Reviewers will generally provide authors with reasons for rejection.
As far as possible, the review process will be completed within three months of an article being submitted.
Proposals for papers are also welcome. These should be submitted in the form of a 200-300 word abstract. The Editor will advise on the prospective suitability of a full article for publication.
To facilitate the review process articles should have a cover page that includes the following information:
• Name(s) of author(s)
• Institutional affiliation(s)
• Email and postal address(es) of author(s)
• Title of the article
• Date of submission
• An abstract of no more than 100 words
• A short statement of the author’s biographical details
• A short statement of acknowledgements, if necessary.
Information that might identify the authors should not be contained within the body of the submission.
Submissions should be formatted as MS Word or Rich Text Format files, and comply with the 3CMedia Style Guide
Submissions should be emailed to: email@example.com
The subject line of the email should be: “3CMedia”
Alternatively, submissions can be posted to:
Media and Communication
Creative Industries faculty, QUT
Kelvin Grove 4059