Integrating Social Media Into Your Radio Station
It’s important that any social media platforms used by your community radio station are incorporated into all facets of the station, and that it is part of an everyday offering for your audience. Social media doesn’t work in isolation or if it is siloed in just one area of the organisation.
All staff need to be onboard in promoting the profiles and encouraging interaction with listeners and the station’s social media profiles need to be a core element of the station’s marketing activities and used where relevant, as much as possible, to talk with and engage listeners.
Marketing materials used by the station need to also include references to the station’s social media profiles in every instance:
- Business cards
- Office signage
- Email signatures
- Station websites
- Blog posts
- Email campaigns
- Event flyers and banners
- Promotional postcards
- Staff profiles on LinkedIn
- Links from one social media profile to another
- Online directory listings
- Add your social media profiles to everything related to the radio station, just like you do with the station website address or phone number.
- If you are in a larger station, you might encourage individual radio programs and show presenters to create their own social media profiles and integrate them with the broader profiles that the radio station has – create a network of pages, follow each other and consolidate your efforts.
- 13 Tips for Integrating Social Media into Your Business: Social Mediology
- 26 Tips for Integrating Social Media Activities: Social Media Examiner
- The 10 Stages of Social Media Business Integration: Mashable