The aim of this resource is to assist community broadcasting stations to engage more fully with their communities online. This guide provides information on how to achieve a valuable online presence, and includes a strategy for using social media to engage supporters and to increase supporter numbers.
The CBonline Project aims to assist community broadcasters in developing or redeveloping a station website and welcomes any contact.
A website is your online presence. Ideally, it will reflect your station and its vision. An online presence will give your station more depth and more dimension.
A website can
- raise your station’s profile
- increase local support
- attract broad-based support
- promote community events
- increase the engagement of your supporters
- enable feedback from your supporters to inform and improve station content
- track visits to your site and help identify supporters
- assist in marketing your station
- digitise financial support and increase donations
- provide a social media platform
- stream music
- store podcasts
- be accessed anywhere anytime